About Dr. Adil Shujaat
Adil Shujaat, MD, serves as director of inpatient pulmonary services at Mount Sinai West. Prior to joining the Mount Sinai Health System, Dr. Shujaat served as Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Florida at Jacksonville and, more recently, as Associate Professor of Medicine at University at Buffalo, SUNY. Dr. Shujaat’s areas of interest and expertise are pulmonary vascular diseases and pleural diseases. He has authored and co-authored several papers published in peer-reviewed journals and presented numerous abstracts at international scientific meetings on these topics and others, participated in industry-sponsored trials and served as an expert in pleural diseases. At the University of Florida, he established a pleural disease service that included medical thoracoscopy. He also performed right heart catheterizations and managed a busy pulmonary hypertension service. Moreover, he served as director of pulmonary function lab. At Buffalo General Hospital, he helped establish a pulmonary embolism response team (PERT) that offered the complete spectrum of services including outpatient follow up, and was recently recognized as a member of the PERT consortium. Dr. Shujaat immensely enjoys teaching and has been honored with several teaching awards. He has also had the privilege of serving as associate director of the fellowship programs at both prior institutions. He teaches and practices evidence-based medicine.
Dr. Adil Shujaat, MD also offers online video visits for patients
Mount Sinai Doctors
341 Central Park Ave, Scarsdale, NY 10583
Mount Sinai Doctors
36 West 60th Street, New York, NY 10023
Education and background
- Pulmonary Diseases and Critical Care Medicine Specialist
- Mount Sinai Doctors
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- Pulmonary Disease (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - King Edward Medical University, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Fellowship in Pulmonary Diseases and Critical Care
Awards and publications
- Shujaat A, Bajwa A, Al-Saffar F, Bellardini J, Jones L, Cury J. Diagnostic accuracy of echocardiography combined with chest CT in pulmonary hypertension. . Clin Respir J 2017;.
- Shujaat A, Bellardini J, Cury J, Bajwa A. Use of pulmonary arterial hypertension specific therapy in non-WHO group I pulmonary hypertension.. South Med J 2015; 108(1): 51-7.
- Shujaat A, Bellardini J, Girdhar A, Bajwa A. Use of pulmonary arterial hypertension specific therapy in over-weight and obese patients with obstructive sleep apnea and pulmonary hypertension.. Pulm Circ 2014 June; 4(2): 244-9.
- Shujaat A, Bajwa A, Usman F, Jones L, Cury J. Safety and accuracy of semi-rigid pleuroscopy performed by pulmonary fellows at a major university hospital: our initial experience. . J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol 2013 Jul; 20(3): 213-23.
- Shujaat A, Minkin R, Eden E. Pulmonary hypertension and chronic cor pulmonale in COPD. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 2007; 2(3): 273-82.
All reviews have been submitted by patients after seeing the provider.
A very caring doctor that I feel confident diagnosed next well. I will return to the doctor if the same issue comes up
I had a very good experience with Dr shujaat - I think he is knowledgeable, caring, and trust his professional opinions.
Great doctor, very well educated but not arrogant or pompous...happy having him as my pulmonary doctor
Great, everything is smooth. Dr. Shujaat has provided quick and clear explanation to me. Thanks so much, Kaori
He is an excellent doctor. I feel confident I will find a solution to my breathing problem.
Clinic wasn’t busy when I got there and I was seen less than 15mins after registration (new patient). Dr. Shujaat listens and explains everything well. The staff also seems very organized and friendly. Overall, it was a really painless experience!
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I make an appointment with Dr. Adil Shujaat?
Generally, Dr. Adil Shujaat has appointments available on Zocdoc within 1 week. You can see Dr. Shujaat's earliest availability on Zocdoc and make an appointment online.
Is Dr. Adil Shujaat accepting new patients?
Dr. Adil Shujaat generally accepts new patients on Zocdoc. You can see Dr. Shujaat's earliest availability on Zocdoc and schedule an appointment online.
Does Dr. Adil Shujaat accept my insurance?
Choose your insurance plan to verify if Dr. Shujaat is in-network.
Can I make an appointment with Dr. Adil Shujaat online?
Yes, you can make an appointment online with Dr. Shujaat using Zocdoc. It’s simple, secure, and free.
What practice does Dr. Adil Shujaat work with?
Dr. Adil Shujaat works with Mount Sinai Doctors.
Where is Dr. Adil Shujaat's office located?
Dr. Adil Shujaat has 3 office locations, including in New York and Scarsdale, view full addresses on Dr. Shujaat's profile.
Which board certifications does Dr. Adil Shujaat have?
Dr. Adil Shujaat is certified by American Board of Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine), and Pulmonary Disease (Internal Medicine).
What are common reasons for patients to see Dr. Adil Shujaat?
Dr. Adil Shujaat frequently sees patients for Asthma, Bronchitis, Cough, Pneumonia, and Pulmonology Consultation. You can see other visit reasons for Dr. Adil Shujaat on their profile.
What languages does Dr. Adil Shujaat speak?
Dr. Adil Shujaat speaks English.
How do patients rate Dr. Adil Shujaat in reviews?
124 patients have reviewed Dr. Adil Shujaat. The overall rating for this doctor is 4.74/5. They have a 4.83/5 rating for bedside manner and a 4.62/5 rating for wait time. You can read individual reviews and ratings on their profile.